Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FormAPI vs Callouts
santoshrt
Hi,
I need to search for DCRs that have certain matching value for a field.Then once I obtain these DCRs I need to parse these DCRs so as to obtain certain selected fields and corresponding values that belong to the DCRs.
The above functionality has to be achieved through a DCT that may have a lookup button,wherein the user will select the fields and corresponding values obtained,which may be populated in the DCT form fields.
I would like to know whether I should use FormAPI or Callouts to achive the above functionality.As FormAPI is mainly clientside.
Any pointers would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Santosh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If I'm understanding your requirements correctly - I'd suggest doing it with a callout. If you did it with FormAPI you'd end up using a CallServer() call - which is, in essence, a callout - to perform the search and processing on the server-side and it tends to make the FormAPI code more complex because the CallServer() function is asynchronous / non-blocking.
By using a callout - you can control the UI aspects as you desire and it's all running on the server so you don't have to worry about the synchronicity issues.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
santoshrt
Thanks for the reply/approach
Migrateduser
I am with ghoti. callout shoud be the best opt.