Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workroute - Assignee
magikandrea
Hi, I've got a workflow with an activity that can be assigned to a particular user by a role script.
When I start the workflow I specify an assignee trustee using a TrusteePicker and setting an UDA value. Then when the activity starts, the role script reads the UDA value and sets the assignee.
Suppose that this user can't perform this activity. I would like to reassign it to another user. Is this possible? How can I enter the workflow process and specify another trustee that can perform the activity?
Thank you very much for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nicholas
Can you explain "Suppose that this user can't perform this activity"?
You can add a sub-process "Re-Assign" which could do your task, Well I am not sure about your exact requirement so any suggestion may not help, so details your problem?
Thanks Nicholas
iSXv10_arch.jpg
magikandrea
In my workflow process I've got one user that starts the workflow (user1) and assigns the workflow activities to another user (user2).
User2 works and each activity of the workflow is assigned to him (I've done this by setting a particular UDA value and using a role script).
Suppose that the workflow process is not ended but user2 goes on holyday for one week. My customer would like user1 to reassign the workflow activities to another user (say user3), so user3 can complete the workflow process.
Andrea
Nicholas
For such cases, you could provide a master access (one person) to all activities, so any point of time if any user is not available so he could re-assign/bypass the activity. You can achieve this by adding this person entry to all workgroups those are involved in your workflow. Each activity will have ability to By-Pass to another user. This scenario looks more complex but I don't find any other way/other WorkSite MP/WorkRoute MP capability to do it.
Thanks Nicholas
Migrateduser
Could you not use escalation timer or a test loop on weekly timer to reaasign to USER1 or directly to USER3 when activity not completed?
Nicholas
can you please explain, how this could be achieve? how timer knows that perticular user is on leave?
Thanks Nicholas
Migrateduser
Nicholas: Barney was not implying that the timer would know when a particular user went off on vacation, but rather that after one week of inactivity, it was safe to assume that someone else should do the work. This approach has its pros and cons, of course.
Andrea: Here's one idea I can think of, though it's not quite trivial to implement I admit. Add an OR node with a separate parallel path across all the User1 activities. This new path should lead to a new "administrator" activity that has a workflow form with another trustee picker.
If User1 isn't getting the work done, the administrator user will be able to zoom into his/her activity, select a different user (e.g. User3) and complete the activity. The outgoing arrow from the administrator activity should then go back to the start of the template (or wherever it's appropriate).
Unfortunately, this isn't enough. Because the User1 activity will still have the original focus. You'll have to introduce some kind of a helper class to "kill" focus from that original User1 activity. And this class should be invoked perhaps in the epilogue script of the "administrator" activity mentioned above.
This is not a clean solution, nor is it trivial. But it might do the trick....
(In my opinion, Barney's proposal is less of a hack and should be easier to implement.)
All the best! Please let us know how things go.
Take care,
Nick2112
The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion. - Thomas Paine
Nicholas
The point was when a user is OFF and activity shouldn't wait, it has to be re-assign to other user. Say for example you set the 1 week time (re-assign activity by timer) but if that activity requires urgent attention, I don't think timer would be useful then and this is generally happens 75% cases. My openion is some administrator watch would only helpful for such cases.
Thanks Nicholas
magikandrea
Hi, I'm trying to implement the solution you suggested, but I have some problem with my epilogue script.
I start the Workflow using the wfuser1 trustee and assign the "Revisione" activity to wfuser2. Then wfuser2 accepts the activity. When I try to reassign the activity to wfuser3 nothing happens. I looked into the "imworkflow.0.stdout.log" log file and I found the following error:
---------
ERR:Tue Oct 18 15:09:36 CEST 2005: TID=14203478: ScriptInterpreterImpl: evaluate: WorkRoute could not evaluate the script. (com.imanage.cms.t2.workflow.exceptions.WorkflowException: Process instance can not be locked by 'wfadmin' (session=737). The process was locked by user 'wfusr1' (session=732) at Tue Oct 18 15:09:05 CEST 2005 and it is still locked.)
---------
wfadmin is the "Enterprise Workflow" facility owner.
What does this mean?
You can see the screenshot of my workflow template attached. (It is a zip file that contains a JPEG image).
Thank you very much for your help!!
Andrea
Nicholas
not very much sure, send the workflow, I would try looking into it.
magikandrea
Hi,
I've been working hard on this issue and I think that it's not possible to "kill" the focus set for a particular activity from another activity in the same workflow.
It seems that the only thing that I can do is to start another workflow from the prologue script of my activity (I'll call it A1). This new workflow has just one activity (I'call it A2) that is assigned to the "administrator" user. When the administrator wants to reassign the A1 activity, he can set an UDA using the A2 form. Then the epilogue script of the A2 activity can set the same UDA on the initial workflow and can also complete the A1 activity. The completion of the A1 activity brings to a loop that activates the A1 activity again.
Andrea
Dada
Hi Andrea,
Could you attach the Prologe script?
Regards
Tushar Swarnakar