Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Non-traditional deployment config
System
I admit this is perhaps not the most traditional way to do this, but I am trying to use OpenDeploy to
(A)
reverse deploy a file or files from my reverse source to my reverse target and THEN
(B)
remove the files from the reverse source once they've been deployed. I could do this with a DNR script but instead, I'm attempting it the following way:
The reverse deploy is simple and straight-forward but after that, I'm deploying <iw-home>/tmp/cci back to the reverse source from scenario A, since it's always going to be empty anyway.
What I'm noticing is that both deployment legs are being done but the job just hangs there. The log files look good and have no errors reported, but like I said, the job hangs. Am I missing something or is my sliver of creativity too much for this product?
Dave
P.S. Attached is the config.
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
stefanmaier
Hi Dave,
do you know if somewhere is specified in which sequence these two deploy definitions will be executed?
Is there any rule given, which says that the execDeploymentTask order, you wrote in your deployment config,
is exactly the order in which the execDeploymentTasks are executed?
I think it's not guaranteed that this deployment runs well everytime.
In my opinion I would say that an execution order of (B) removeFromApps and (A) reverseDeploy is allowed per definition.
So, finally to answer your question: Your creativity isn't too much for this product,
but the deploy config contains too few information for solving this problem :-)
Stefan
Migrateduser
Stefan,
So, if I understand you properly, this is not a recommended way to go about doing this because of the possible reordering of the execDeploymentTasks? A DNR isn't a problem but could you think of another way this could be done?
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
multiplefilters.rptdesign
stefanmaier
Hi Dave,
Some month ago I had the same problem to solve: to get some logs from a webserver and delete them after transmission.
I didn't find an easy OD solution with one deploy config and without a DNR script which executes reliably (which doesn't mean that there is one :-)
If one OD config file contains definitions which have simultaneously shared target and/or source directories,
the result of this OD config is not clear. A program like OD can solve this problem in principle only with some more information,
in our case some information about the execution order. But I think an OD-execDeploymentTasks order parameter doesn't exist.
Stefan