Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Search extended metadata
shirinp
I want to be able to list the extended metadata that can be set for a document. If I do a searchmetadata on a library, that only retrieves the collection for that specific metadata and it means that I would have to hardcode the type in. I want to do a more general search that retrieves the all of the metadata types, so from there I can get the collections off of all of those metadata in the list. Is there a way to bring up all of the registered extended metadata for a document?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dbguy
Use Library.getItemTypeDescription(Class itemClass) to get a TypeDescription for the document.
Use TypeDescription.getAllPropertyDescriptions() to get all property descriptions. From the PropertyDescription you can get the information you want. PropertyDescription names that start with "BASE::" or "APP::" are out of the box properties. Names that start with "EXT::" are the properties you added using the Object Modeler.
shirinp
thank you!
FramesetFragment.txt