Wondering if anyone has this situation: We are running Teamsite 6.5 on a Solaris box running Unix. Unix supports a user being in only up to 16 groups. So, let's say we have 30 branches and each branch is owned by a different group. As a system administrator, my userid "Ed01" can only get into 16 branches (at the most) for troubleshooting, etc. Meaning if user "Bob" calls and says, "Hey, I can log in to Teamsite, but I am having trouble submitting this workflow", and Bob's branch happens to be owned by a group that I don't have in my profile, I cannot log in an troubleshoot things by seeing them the way Bob would.
Our Unix admins will NOT support ACLs in our system.
My solution thus far has been to request several "shared" userids- "Teamsite 01", "Teamiste 02", etc., and assign the first 16 of our groups to the first id, the next 16 to the 02 id, and so on. Then, if we need to log on looking like a specific user, we just use the proper id and log in. However, our corporate auditors also frown on "shared" userids, even between the two people who troubleshoot and maintain our Teamsite stuff.
Does anyone have any story like this, and how do you handle the situation?
Thanks,
Ed R.
Aetna
rudmane@aetna.com