Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
tomcat in dnr
artor
Hi,
I am trying to restarting tomcat after the deployment and I am using the dnr (dnrDeployment) script is running fine but sometimes after the deployment when dnr which call the external script which resides on the target server where I am deploying my application, restart my tomcat first shutdown and startup but sometimes it works but sometimes it shows the blank page when I go to see the url on my brower to check my application,
If somebody come across this problem please let me know.
I have OD 6.01 base and receiver, Solairs on base server side and linux on reciever side and TeamSite 6.5 I am using.
Regards,
A
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jed
Is it a problem with tomcat not shutting down properly? We have a few tomcat servers and the app owners have added a "kill" option to the init script. When given the kill option, it will find all the processes and manually kill each process with more prejudice than the default stop script. You might want to consider doing something like that within the DNR.
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
artor
Actually I am using both kind of script killing the pid or shutdown but actually it's happening that there is no time gap between deployment finish and dnr invokes the script and there is something which I am not understood but If I enter some delay in my script to run like sleep command then it works but not sure that how the deployment script works between deployment and dnr as it is written it runs after the deployment if when parameter is set to after status is success but still don't understand.