Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
rowcontinue - What's the point?
System
In TeamSite 5.x, rowcontinue was somewhat useful because the subsequent columns were right next to each other. With TeamSite 6.x the table columns are spaced evenly and right aligned. So, if you do rowcontinue="t" on 2 items in a row, you end up with 3 columns each 33% of the form and each cell right aligned. This is very unuseful. It makes formatting look terrible for almost every instance that I'd want to use rowcontinue="t" for. Example: Date/Time fields. I often like to have a text box for date then another for time and then a radio for AM/PM. If you try to implement this on one row in TS6, it looks ridiculous. The only time that the columns being evenly spaced would make sense is if the items you want on the same row are fairly unrelated or if there are enough of them to make them look more squished together.
Long story short: The way it was done in TS5 was better than the way it's done in TS6.
Wondering if anyone has some JavaScript (aka FormAPI) to address changing of column widths within the TS6 form? Perhaps another easier method?
Thanks,
Jason
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
Yeah, very disappointing, but as far as I know you just have to live with it. I didn't play around with it much, as I wasn't very hopeful about finding a solution. I know a few people that played around with it more than myself and didn't have any luck either. Good luck...
~Jeff