Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
disable menu option based on userlist
System
Is there a way in TS 6.5 that I can disable certain menu options based on a list of users.
For example, I needed to remove the OOTB delete option. I removed it for everybody from ui_custom.xml. Then, created a custom one to get OperationId that I used in roles_custom.xml to disable for editors. But, I want to disable this option only for few editors and leave it open for other editors.
Is this possible? If so, how?
thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
The only way to do this is to provide your own custom menu item that runs a script to check the user against a list of those who are allowed to run it - and to display a graceful error message if they aren't on the list.
I don't believe there is any way to do it through the GUI - at least not in 6.5. In 6.7 the roles are more configurable so it *might* be possible to define different levels of editors and then be able to do what you want through the GUI.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com