Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
dnr use examples wanted
System
Hi DevNetters -
We've used dnrs in a simple fashion for quite a while now to do some simple followup processing after a deployment.
But I've been hearing for years that we can manage our code distribution and even do some environment configuration using dnrs. I've started thinking about quite a bit lately and have tested out the 'reponse code = -2' deal successfully.
But when I think about something like deploying a new .war file to an app server, and think that I may want to (on the target):
tar up the existing app on the server and move it,
bounce the app server instance,
move the .war file into place,
bounce the app server again,
and verify that each of these steps take place... it starts to sound complicated. Certainly not undoable, but complex.
So I'm posting this to see if I can get some business examples of how people are using dnr processing. It'd be good to not reinvent the wheel!
Thanks for any input -
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet