C# Custom Commands in Desksite 8.0
Hello.
This is mostly a development question for DeskSite, so I hope I'm posting to the right forum.
I've been trying to add a C# Custom Command to DeskSite 8.0 (8.00.100(SP1) to be specific), but without much success so far. I was wondering if anyone could suggest what I might be doing incorrectly.
I've created a custom command class based on a template that we have. I wish I could say where it came from -- unfortunately I'm busy taking over from someone else... all I know is that it came from an Interwoven representative somewhere. The command that I have provides all the necessary values (I think). Specifically: Name, Title, Type, Status, Accelerator, MenuText, and HelpText.
The command class I've made inherits IMANEXTLib.ICommand -- it implements the constructor, the Update() method, and the Execute() method. I've built it into a .dll, and successfully registered the .dll using RegAsm.Exe.
Finally, having defined the command, I edited the registry. I added a custom menu (which shows up fine on the DeskSite menu bar, and created the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Interwoven\WorkSite\8.0\DeskSite\Commands\Menus\MyMenu to represent the menu commands.
I set the Commands string value for that key to "OIA.CfisnetUploadCmd,-,MyCSIManExt.MyCSCommand,-".
CfisnetUploadCmd is a VB6 Custom Command that I know works, as we've used it in the past. MyCSCommand is the new C# command that I've just written.
The problem I'm having is that my new C# command isn't showing up on the menu. Instead, all that displays is the CfisnetUploadCmd, followed by two separators. The MyCSCommand command doesn't display between the separators, though. I'm reasonably certain that DeskSite is loading the MyCSIManExt.dll library, because I'm unable to delete it during the time that DeskSite is running. For whatever reason, though, it's just not displaying the MyCSCommand command on the menu, even though everything around it is displayed.
Can anyone see anything obvious that I might be doing wrong? I've been hammering away at this for about a day, and I'm stuck. Unfortunately I only have SDK documentation for VB6 commands (besides the commented template that I've used to build this C# command). I'm not sure if full documentation is available for C# commands. I was wondering if perhaps the Command string in the registry is supposed to have some special syntax for C# commands, or anything like that.
I'd be happy to post the entire code that I have, but I didn't want to do so immediately since I'm not sure if this is the ideal place for it.
Thanks.
Mike.