Create formal folder

mike_woodbridge
edited March 23, 2014 in Documentum #1

Does anyone know how to create a formal record folder using DFC? I found a post on powerlink that talked about using the FormalFolderBean class, but this doesnt appear to exist in the version Im using either in the API docs or referenced jars.

Any help would be much appreicated.

Tagged:

Comments

• Francois Dauberlieu
    edited November 17, 2009 #2

And what version would that be ?

Note that if this class is not there, you won't be able to do it with this version and will have to upgrade your DFC

• mike_woodbridge
    edited November 17, 2009 #3

Im using 6.5SP2. This is the latest version I believe. Do you have this working?

• Francois Dauberlieu
    edited November 17, 2009 #4

Never tried (and sorry for that but won't have time to for a along while).

If you can't find the class, that means you'll have to do some other way.

Maybe you could create a SBO tat does that which you could call from your DFC application.

Also, if it's a new development, I'd recommend to go for DFS, might has well use the latest technology, this way you'll have more chances that your application will still work in  few years. Don't know if DFC will still be there then...

• mike_woodbridge
    edited November 17, 2009 #5

The DFC class is referred to in a previous thread, however it looks like it has been removed in the latest version. This is a bit odd as there doesnt appear to be another way of doing it.

To clarify, I am lookng for a way to programatically declare a formal record folder. I dont really mind which technology it uses (although DFC would be my preference), but I cant see any APIs that offer this service. I have tried just creating a folder of the relevant type using normal standard DFC calls but this doesnt work as other "stuff" happens when a formal record is created.

Anyone else??

regards

Mike

• Kothari
    edited March 23, 2014 #6

Hello Mike,

Did you find anything on declaring formal record using DFC ?

Reagrds,

MVK