Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Media Bin
System
I have a general question about Media Bin's support for streaming video and/or large video files.
if you have had some experience with using MB to manage a large number of video files and would like to share your experience I would appreciate it.
Paul Neiswander
Proxicom, Inc.
793-262-3264
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
I can speak to some of the capabilities from the product side.
MediaBin ingests videos in two formats. First, we have the capability of wrapping Microsoft's DirectX (DirectShow) library which means we understand any codec loaded onto the server machine. If the necessary filters are available via DirectX we enable the production of a streaming preview and allow the user to customize the details of that preview.
We also support QuickTime files although in that case we do not make a downsampled streaming version available.
For all video files we provide a configurable number of frame previews for quick access. In recent versions of MediaBin we provided the ability to reset the global preview largely to acocmodate cases in which a video started with a fade in from black (in which case the first frame was not very interesting).
in our latest release we also provide repurposing on the way out via Telestream's FlipFactory product (which must be licensed separately). I would be happy to add details if anyons is interested.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd