Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
No Access rights in TS 6.5 SP2 for Domain users
System
I have some users log in to TeamSite 6.5 SP2 using their Domain.
The login is successful, but they are not able to create new DCRs, or add new folders. These options are disabled for them.
Am I missing any configuration changes?
regards
David
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
What are the permissions on the workarea? They need to have write access to create new files/directories.
~Jeff
foto.zip
Migrateduser
Thanks Jeff for your response.
Workarea is shared for a group and I have added the Domain users in that group. I have also added some local users to the group. If I login as a local user, I have all the options enabled in the "FIle" menu. But for Domain users, those options are disabled.
TS 6.5 SP2 in W2K3 environment.
regards
David
Adam Stoller
Did you run iwreset after adding the members to the groups?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Yes, the Domain users have "Full Control" for the workarea.
Migrateduser
I always do iwreset only when I make any changes to the configuration files.
But just to try, I did the iwreset now - no luck yet
.
Adam Stoller
When you change group membership or add users - you need to run iwreset to force TS to refetch the user/group information (or wait a minute or so for it to do it on its own)
If that didn't work - you could try turning on verbose debugging of the user/group information in the iw.cfg file and run iwreset again and then look at the log file (I believe iwserver.log) - RTFM - I believe the Administrator's Guide for information about the user/group debugging settings for the iw.cfg file.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
stefanmaier
Hi,
perhaps you have a look on the iw.cfg attribute "domain_local_groups".
You get some more information in ts.650a.admin.win.pdf.
Regards
Stefan
Migrateduser
I had to add the domain names in "domain_list=xyz, abc" in [iwserver] section of iw.cfg to solve the problem.
Thanks for those who responded.
David.
Migrateduser
Although it didn't get you, something else you want to keep in mind, at least as of the last time I checked (which was when 6.5 first came out) is that only one level of nesting is allowed. So, if you secure the folders with a domain local group that has a global group nested in it, that's fine. But if that domain local group had other domain local groups nested in it, and they had global groups nested in them for the users, that would also give the behaviour you observed.