Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Transporting Saved Searches
reesbevan
My client has 10 databases which they will consolidate into a single database. Each database has a set of Saved Searches which they want available from the consolidated database.
Is there a way to bring the Searches across (using SQL I suppose) and auto-increment the SID?
If better, is there an API call to do it?
Thanks in advance,
A.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I've just had to do a very similar excercise. I've written a workspace migrator to take a workspace and all docs from one database to another, including search folders. I ending up using the API for all of this. There is no 'magic' single command for this, you need to iterate through the ProfileSearchParameters to get the search criteria, plus the DatabaseNames objects will list the names of the databases the search is using. I guess you would need to change the database names to the name of the new consolidated one.
I suppose you could do this via SQL, I have consoliodated databases and the project fodlers this way before, but not tackled saved searches this way.
Paul.
HideWordBorders.zip
reesbevan
Thanks Paul, figured it out using SQL in the end.
Allan
reesbevan
I also had to run the refoldertree.exe tool to sort out all the left_visit and right_visit values - this proved vital. As an admin user, I could see and run all the saved searches, but as a normal user I couldn't - go figure. refoldertree.exe sorted it out fine.
A.