Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
IIS 6 and MP/Tomcat
JTNeville
Anyone got MP and Tomcat working on a 2003 box with IIS 6? I've reproduced the issue since 4.0 through SP1-hfb5 on every 2003 box I have (enterprise, standard and small business).
I do this (steps below), but after logging in if you ever need to bring up a browse window nothing happens when you click the + button in the add document or url dialog window. No error occurs and in the info bar of your browser it jsut says applet started. Happens with any version of java from 1.4.2_03 up.
1) Edit the isapi_reg file to and replace $<tomcat_home> with the local path (ie. d:\test\mp4\\t4\webapps\worksitemp...)
2) Run that reg file.
3) Create a virtual folder in your root website named "worksitemp", point it to the tomcat worksitemp folder. Default security.
4) Create a virtual folder named jakarta and point it to the bin directory with the isapi_redirect dll file in it. Give this item execute rights.
5) For 2003 only, add a web service called 'jakarta', set it to allow and point it to the isapi dll above.
6) Restart the IIS admin service.
If you have it working do you see something I have wrong? I thought with 4.1SP1 IIS 6/2003 was officially supported. Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
vnava
Yes, I experienced this last week. Alex with IWOV tech support confirmed that the MIME types need to be set. In my previous expereience MIME types were only added when implementing trusted login with IIS 6.
Adding the mime types (.class, .properties, .tmp), regardless of implementing trusted logon or not, resolved our similiar issue
JTNeville
Ahh thanks, will do tonight.