Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MediaBin capacity planning
tdu
I was just wondering if anybody has a good suggestion on capacity planning for MediaBin? Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Could you be a bit more specific?
Telling us what you're aiming to do might help people in telling you what to do and what to avoid.
Folco Banfi
Migrateduser
I'd like to ask a similar question and I hope I don't steal this thread or change it's direction. We currently have a server with a 220GB W: drive and we are close to capacity. We recently had to grab a tape restore and it was absolutely horrible experience b/c the data was immense and took 2 days to restore.
Can MediaBin be farmed across multiple servers?
Can we split the $\Program Files\MediaBin Server\MBDataDirectory\ImageDb folder be split to multiple drives?
Is it best to use a SAN or standard drive arrays?
What is the best recommended configuration?
Thanks!
Migrateduser
Personally I'd go for a SAN: fault tolerant and flexible: you can add storage capacity very easily and it's totally transparent to the application.
About clustering, yes, you can. IT's explained on Chapter 10 of the "MediaBin Asset Server Administration Guide" (451MBAssetSvrAdminGd.pdf). If you have multiple MediaBin servers, they will share the same data repository.
220 GB? And I thought that our 110'000 files for 65 GB were a lot...
Folco Banfi
lyman
We do support multiple ImageDb locations as of MediaBin 4.0. The general idea is to have one active area in which any new files are put, and one or more backup areas which can even be read-only. See Appendix A of the Server Admin Guide
We support keeping ImageDb on any system including SAN's that can be addressed via a UNC path. This includes the vast majority of systems but excludes some special-purpose systems such as EMC's Centera.
Let me know if you have any more specific questions.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
MediaBin Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.
Migrateduser
Thank you Lyman! I read the Admin manual and it refered to a Control Panel | MB Admin icon which I did not have. I spoke with Mike and he told me how to fire that off through the <server>\<drive>\Program Files\MediaBin Server\MBPSysAdmin.cpl link. Now, I have more questions and Mike will be following up with you on that.
Thanks alot!