Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Excluding files before Content Processor
j0ej0e
Hi,
We are processing about 500,000 documents, many of these are very small files (<50 words) which have no concepts/context which fails the classification. I'm thinking of excluding these files from Content Processor and the tagging process.
Is there a way to tell the Content Processor to 'skip' this file, either via the Preprocessor or any other way?
I was thinking of doing a wordcount in the postprocessor and if the document in question is less than 50 words, then strip the metadata away.
But it will be better if i can count at the preprocessor, before going thru the tagging process, and indicate to the Content Processor to 'skip' this file
from the tagging process that follows the preprocessor.
rgds,
joe
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Yes you have a good grasp of what is possible. Here are some details.
There are a few ways to NOT process a given file.
1. If the files are in a predictable locations - you can use the Filter RegEx to exclude a file from processing
2. If the files have identifiable name patterns - you can use the Filter RegEx to exclude a file from processing
3. You could use your idea of counting the words in a POST or Final process and blank out the meta data file [or keep just certain fields]
I would not do it in a pre-process because it may hang a down stream process, I'd do it as late as possible.
morgen
Adam Stoller
3. You could use your idea of counting the words in a POST or Final process and blank out the meta data file [or keep just certain fields]
I would not do it in a pre-process because it may hang a down stream process, I'd do it as late as possible.
Hmm - I'm just a semi-interested observer of the threadt - but the statement above seems somewhat counter-intutitive. If you don't want a file to be processed - why would you wait until "as
late
as possible" to discard it? I'd think you'd want to filter files like this out as
early
as possible. Can you perhaps expand on your reasoning behind this statement?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I was told by the engineers that Metatagger may hang when passed an empty file or a file with only one character [newline]. I have not tested this, but my comment was based on this information. I do not have details about which function hangs, most likely would be the transconverter, which is upstream from all other processes, so using the preprocessor to strip the file may work - just a caution - Metatagger may hang. If it does, try moving the strip process further downstream in the Content Processor