Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD running slow
artor
Hi,
I am running into the performance problem for OpenDeploy 6.01, 2 days before OD was working very fast but then suddenly, OD start deploying slow even though I am running a test deployment which deploy only 1 file which is around 1kb and it is taking more than 20 minutes. In past I had this issue but I reinstalled the od base server and the problem was finished but It appears again after so many deployment.
Now I am checking the log
acaertidcp-cms01_odbase.log which shows the output(this output is during the deployment)
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 MultiTier Latch is null
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Configuration information <com.interwoven.config100.TDeploymentConfiguration>
name=<empty> : <empty> : isValid=yes : use=<null> : dictionary=<null>
parent =<null>
error vector=<null>
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Routed Multi Tier = null
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Synchronous deployment. MacroDeploy Session[m14,deploy_test] started
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Adding session m14(deploy_test)
It stucks here and the other log file src.deploy_test.log
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Source Area: /apps/aeroplan/uat2/resources/telus/staging
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Number of Pathspecs: 1
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 pathSpec[0] has no dbLoader
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Total Number of DD deployments: 0
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Quorum flag = false
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Target Area is /apps/iwov/iw-home/OpenDeployNG/tmp
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Next deployment flag for acaertidcp-cms02 = false
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Internal deployment name is .deploy_test.MYDEFINITIONNAME.acaertidcp-cms02
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Got internal config file for .deploy_test.MYDEFINITIONNAME.acaertidcp-cms02
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Parent deployment multi-tier flag = false
I started this deployment 30 minutes before and both these logs are showing the above result as soon as the deployment finish I will post the other part of the log. I also disabled the eventReporting as well.
If somebody has an idea then let me know. I would really appreciate it.
Regards,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
artor
Below is the output from log
acaertidcp-cms01_odbase.log
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 MultiTier Latch is null
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Configuration information <com.interwoven.config100.TDeploymentConfiguration>
name=<empty> : <empty> : isValid=yes : use=<null> : dictionary=<null>
parent =<null>
error vector=<null>
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Routed Multi Tier = null
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Synchronous deployment. MacroDeploy Session[m14,deploy_test] started
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Adding session m14(deploy_test)
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 Removing session m14(deploy_test)
This is the last part of src.deploy_test.log
ENG: 2005-06-15 17:20:32 GMT+00:00 Parent deployment multi-tier flag = false
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:16:59 GMT+00:00 Published start event uuid=[c7788010-ddc1-11d
9-a3b8-c4c5334d2676] prevUuid=[null] prevLeg=[null]
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:16:59 GMT+00:00 Starting internal deployment acaertidcp-cms02
.MYDEFINITIONNAME, Thread-44
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:16:59 GMT+00:00 Waiting for 1 children to complete phases
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 No of children = 1, failed = 0
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 EXITING [setup] ENTERING [dotask]
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 No of children = 1, failed = 0
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 EXITING [dotask] ENTERING [commit]
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 No of children = 1, failed = 0
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 EXITING [commit] ENTERING [cleanup]
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 No of children = 1, failed = 0
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 EXITING [cleanup] ENTERING [task-done]
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 Signalling completion to MacroDeploy
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 All 1 children completed their phases
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 Waiting for 1 children for completion of dis
connect routine
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 In TPostDisConnectActions run method
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 Signalling macroDeploy about completion of P
ostDisConnect routines
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 Post DisConnect routine completed
ENG: 2005-06-15 18:17:00 GMT+00:00 Job ID=m14 Deployment=deploy_test Elapsed
These logs are after the deployment and please see the difference in bold which shows before deploying the actuall content it waits for some process which is not clear.
Regards,
Migrateduser
The log seems to indicate events are being published. You may want to double check that event reporting is disabled for the base server and receiver, or ensure that the admin server is running and configured to subscribe to the published events.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
artor
Actually I noticed that Server where I start the deployment it is hanging and once it connect to the target it deploy fast but during the time when it hangs it doesn't do any thing I am not sure what is the cause of hanging it.
Regards,
Migrateduser
If your OD server is publishing events, but the subscriber isn't listening, the OD server could be thrashing. There's a note on this in the OD 6.0.2 Release Notes (known issue, bug 57571).
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
artor
Todd,
I disabled the event reporting both sender and receiver and using od 6.01 fro the time being and i have been using this for last 3 months and I don't have this performance issue but suddenly this start getting slow, I checked all the logs, memory and there is no other application aprart of teamsite on this machine.
Regards,
Parameter.jpg
Migrateduser
Anything that you can attribute to load on TeamSite or OpenDeploy?
File system capacity ok?
Sorry, you may need to work with Tech Support to diagnose further.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
This is a file list deployment with couple of definitions and a DNR.
(Solaris to Windows Box) OD6.0.1.
We are experiencing the same issue. As per the logs the deployment hangs occasionally at
ENG: 2006-02-23 10:39:31 EST GMT-05:00 Parent deployment multi-tier flag = false
In successful deployment, I can see the following error after the above message and still the deployment is successful
ENG: 2006-02-23 10:46:02 EST GMT-05:00 TEventReportingException: com.interwoven.report100.TPublisherNotFoundException
What can be the reason for intermittent failure like this?.