Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Can user script initiate "onSaveNameSpecified"?
abyrd
Running TS 6.5 on Solaris
Hello,
Is there a way to run the event "onSaveNameSpecified" from a user script without any interaction from the user? I have a DCR that is named based on the value input by the user in one of the DCT fields. When the user clicks on "Save", the user script checks the field value, validates and sets the DCR name. However, I'd like for "onSaveNameSpecified" to run also to verify that there is no existing DCR with the same name. Right now, an existing DCR will be overwritten without warning the user.
Thanks,
AB
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
yanSi
Can't you just check for the naming conflict in your regular onSave handler?
How would you go about checking for name conflicts? A javascript accessing information on files on the server doesn't sound possible to me.
TS 6.5
Windows 2000 Server
cliffhanger
You could use a callserver onSave to call a script to check whether a DCR exists with the "DCR name".
abyrd
I was just hoping that I didn't have to create a script and use callserver if I could leverage the onsavenamespecified event.