Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
area_vpath from EDITION
jkm
TeamSite 6.5+ SP2 + Unix
Requirement: I want to select some file from EDITION and then I want to deploy. I dont want to deploy the complete edition.
In my deployment workflow on selection of files and click on assign button or new job button then in my workflow xml I see area_vpath is empty string. I am not able to initiate workflow from EDITION area. Can some one suggest me how to resolve this problem.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
The workflow's will probably have to be marked explicitly as readonly="t" if the areavpath is going to be set to an edition. You may need to explcitily set the areavpath since, quite likely, iw_workarea (the usual source of areavpath) is probably not set when you initiate a workflow from an edition.
I'd suggest putting some debugging / logging in the WFT so that when it's instantiated you get a print out of all the form variables / cookies / ENV variables to see if any of them contain what you want (look at the code in iwhome/httpd/iw-bin/show_env.ipl as a basis for doing this - but make sure the output is redirected to a logfile somewhere)
Once you get the edition picked out - the rest of the job should be pretty easy.
jkm
Hi Adams,
Thanks for your reply. I was thinking of one more way to get the EDITION name in tag_info but after getting the Edition name even I am not able to attach the files to workflow. I explicitly set area_vpath in my workflow but when I am trying to attach files it throws error message
Isnt this possible to attach files from EDITION .. weirdooo
I will check show_env.ipl to get the variable values coming out.
cheers!!
-rocky
Adam Stoller
*How* are you trying to attach the files to the workflow / task?
Can you attach your WFT?
jkm
here it comes. I am attaching my wft + external tasks along with this. It will be easy to reproduce with this
screenshot.JPG
Adam Stoller
You posted a bunch of scripts - and the available_templates.cfg file
You did *not* post the WFT.
Since none of the scripts seem to be trying to add files - I assume the code I need to see is in the WFT.
jkm
ooops my mistake Adams, here it comes as well
jkm
Any clues guys on this.
Is this a bug with IWOV or we cant start a WF from Editions and cant attach files from EDITION
jkm
hi guys,
we can attach the files from EDITION and staging area if we set readonly attribute to true
But another query here if we initiate the workflow on selection of EDITION is this possible becasue I can not see any option like assign or New job etc enabled