For the ACL issue, it appears that the create_all.api contains the ACL in question.
When I ran the create-repo-objects.sh script, it returned "BAM types and shipping data already exist".
That led me to believe that the process was completed during a previous step.
it turns out the following query returns 1:
select count(*) as cnt from dm_type where name like 'bam%'
There's an object type "bam_report" that's already in the system.
I had to drop that type before the script would complete.
Then, the script completed quickly. After executing this query:
select object_name from dm_acl where object_name like 'BAM%'
no objects were returned.
I had to change the "iapi32" references to "iapi" because the linux installation of documentum doesn't have iapi32.
NOTE: iapi, idql, dmbasic all need to be on the PATH
Now, running the create-repo-objects.sh script takes a couple of minutes. After the script completes, the following query returns the BAM Admin ACL object:
Next, the TaskSpace Administrator...
After fixing up the repo object creation script, the PreConfiguredDashboard.dar file loaded without issue.
After I loaded the dar file, TaskSpace's Administration page had the updated "Server Management" navigation node.
Hope this helps anyone else that runs into the issue!
Hi,
Check if iapi32 and idql32 is working.
I have faced the same problem and found out that iapi32 and idql32 is not working.So possibly the installer failed to execute dql and api scripts.
After fixing the problem with iapi32 and idql32 installation completed successfully.
If the problem accrues due to ipi32 this thread also can be helpful https://community.emc.com/message/553378#553378 .
Thanks a lot, emcdeveloper, for your detailed solution.
It solved my problem.
BTW, this was my first post ever to "like"
Thanks again,
LimoMan
Had the exact same problem and this solution worked.
Hi All,
I am also facing simmiler type of error, successfully created BAM Configurations and Reports DAR files, while deploying the DAR file on another repository, I get following error, the folder ID mentioned in the error is of Source Repository. (this is the folder in which the reports are stored)
I followed BAM implementation guide to export BAM reports and configurations
1. On Source Repository Clear Cache -> Stopped BAM server -> Import BAM configurations and reports in Composer
2. On Destination Repository Cleared Cache -> stopped BAM server -> tried to deploy the DAR files, but same error
We can not use PRS to export the reports as it will not export the BAM configurations.
[ERROR] com.emc.ide.logger.defaultimpl.DmLoggerDefault::getDefaultThrowableMessage (line 100)
com.emc.ide.installer.InstallException: Unexpected error occurred during install.
at internal.com.emc.ide.installer.DarInstaller.handleNetworkException(DarInstaller.java:753)
at internal.com.emc.ide.installer.DarInstaller.doInstall(DarInstaller.java:689)
at internal.com.emc.ide.installer.DarInstaller.doInstall(DarInstaller.java:334)
at com.emc.ide.installer.darinstaller.StandaloneDarInstallerHelper.doInPlaceInstall(StandaloneDarInstallerHelper.java:124)
at com.emc.ide.installer.darinstaller.StandaloneDarInstaller.installDar(StandaloneDarInstaller.java:357)
at com.emc.ide.installer.darinstaller.StandaloneDarInstaller.install(StandaloneDarInstaller.java:113)
at com.emc.ide.installer.darinstaller.ui.DarInstallerComposite$26.run(DarInstallerComposite.java:1537)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: com.emc.documentum.bpm.dfcacc.dfc.UncategorizedDfException: [DM_API_E_EXIST]error: "Folder specified by 0b0f424a80086b3f does not exist."; nested exception is DfIdNotFoundException:: THREAD: ModalContext; MSG: [DM_API_E_EXIST]error: "Folder specified by 0b0f424a80086b3f does not exist."; ERRORCODE: 100; NEXT: null
at com.emc.documentum.bpm.dfcacc.dfc.core.DfcTemplate.update(DfcTemplate.java:346)
at com.emc.documentum.bpm.daos.RootDAOImpl.update(RootDAOImpl.java:296)
at com.emc.documentum.bpm.reports.daos.impl.ReportDaoImpl.update(ReportDaoImpl.java:274)
at com.emc.documentum.bpm.reports.daos.impl.ReportDaoImpl.save(ReportDaoImpl.java:243)
at com.emc.ide.artifact.bam.report.installer.BamReportInstaller.create(BamReportInstaller.java:102)
at com.emc.ide.installer.AbstractInstallerDelegate.handleCreateNewObject(AbstractInstallerDelegate.java:89)
at com.emc.ide.installer.BaseInstallerDelegate.install(BaseInstallerDelegate.java:118)
at internal.com.emc.ide.installer.DarInstaller.installObject(DarInstaller.java:1187)
at internal.com.emc.ide.installer.DarInstaller.installObjects(DarInstaller.java:1132)
at internal.com.emc.ide.installer.DarInstaller.installAllObjects(DarInstaller.java:1113)
at internal.com.emc.ide.installer.DarInstaller.doInstall(DarInstaller.java:601)
... 6 more