Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Save Cmd Intercept
System
This is a very basic question, but I am not familiar with vb scripting using Interwoven objects (and am new to vb scripting in general). This is what I need to do: wWhen a user clicks Save in an existing document, I need the Save As dialog box to show (so the user can choose to replace original, new version or new document), instead of just having the document save. I have tried using DocumentBeforeSaveAsOptions but that doesn't seem to be working. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks very much!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
This would be a quite involved implementation. The only way to bring up the SaveAs Options dialog instead of the native save behavior, you would need to first catch the BeforeSaveAsOption Event which is an event raised by the IManageExtensibilityObject. From within this event handler, you would set the ignoreIManageSave flag to true and bring up your own instance of the SaveAsOptions dialog.
This implies taking over the save-as process that you have disengaged by setting the ignore flag. You would essentially collection the end-user's option input and writing your own instance of the correpsonding commands object (exposed by the imanext/imanext2.dll) to continue on with automating the save process.
If you're new to COM Client Programming, you may want to review this with someone with experience with using our SDK.