Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
two DC and one PT
Ramakanth
Hi,
Can any one help me.. I need to know, In teamsite 6.1 can i have template with beow combination
2 Data captures
1 Presentation.
If it is possible, can u please post code snippets how to configure multiple DCs in template.cfg and how to differenciate DCs while using the data in PT.
Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Ramakanth
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
it will probably be helpful if you describe the use case... From what you have written, I can imagine a few situations, and I do not want to start guessing which one is yours
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
As Greg indicated - more information is needed - however, in the absence of such information here is a general response:
A PT can easily process one or more DCRs and has been able to do so for quite a while.
However, the TeamSite Templating / FormsPublisher extended attributes (EAs) can only reflect a single DCT-type / DCR on files generated via the PT.
The TeamSite UI does not provide any features for allowing users to select multiple DCRs to be processed by a single PT - this requires customizations on your part and such customizations tend to be rather site-specific so asking for a code sample is unlikely to get you too many [informative] responses.
are the secondardy DCRs hard-coded into the PT?
are the secondary DCRs referenced in the primary DCR?
are the secondary DCRs to be manually selected at the time of page generation?
are the secondard DCRs to be programmatically selected at the time of page generation?
etc.
If you use iwpt_compile.ipl (as opposed to iwgen / iwregen) - you will have to set the EAs on the generated files yourself.
If you want to be able to use iwregen, the information about which DCRs to process with the PT need to be programmatically determinable
Those are the thoughts that come to mind right now, there are probably others too.
Bottom Line: It can be done - but don't expect it to be trivial - it requires some signficant design decisions made up-front to guide the implementation and all this should be based on well defined requirements.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Ramakanth
Hi Ghoti,
Great thanks for the response.
My requirement is a PT processing one or more DCRs. I will try once. If I need more info I will contact you.
Thanks for your assistance
Thanks
Ramakanth
gzevin
you definitely watched too much of the last episode of Seinfeld...
There is no 'good samaritan law' as yet
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
[gzevin]
you definitely watched too much of the last episode of Seinfeld...
There is no 'good samaritan law' as yet
Darn, can I take back my post then? ;-)
[Ramakanth]
My requirement is a PT processing one or more DCRs. I will try once. If I need more info I will contact you.
Don't contact
me
- just post in the forums.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com