Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
predefined folder in DocOpenDlg
Galcho
Hi guys,
I use IIntegrationDlg.DocOpenDlg object to make users select documents fro iManage database.
One client reported that open dialog was not initialized in same way as MS Word Open dialog meainin glast opened folder is not selected.
Is there a way to select certain folder before open dialog is shown?
Thank you in advance
Galin Iliev
Senior Software Developer
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
You may use the DocOpenDlg.DefaultLocation Property to bring the end-user to a specified folder.
'.DefaultLocation = "\!nrtdms:0:!session:NTDEVSUPPORT:\!nrtdms:0:!session:NTDEVSUPPORT:!database
SS1:\My WorkSpaces\!nrtdms:0:!session:NTDEVSUPPORT:!database
SS1:!page:36:\!nrtdms:0:!session:NTDEVSUPPORT:!database
SS1:!folder
rdinary,54:"
The string that is assigned to the DefaultLocation Property is a concatenation of:
' A folder under a workspace
"\" & <session_moniker> & "\" & <database_moniker> & "\My Workspace\" & <workspace_moniker> & "\" & <folder_moniker>
' Or, a folder under a database
"\" & <session_moniker> & "\" & <database_moniker> & "\My Folders\" & <folder_moniker>
A object moniker is returned by the ID (NRT) / ObjectID (IMan) Property of the object.
Galcho
Thank you very much for detailed answer.
I have another one in same subject: Is iManage remeber last open location and is there a way to set default location?
I am wonder if it is possibel to tell me how MS Word Addin initlize DocOpendlg object. I think this will solve all problems.
and another question:
I tried to set Document Worklist folder as DocOpenDlg's Default location but I have no luck. dialog is open with Checked-out-document folder selected. See attached screenshot
Thank you
Galin Iliev
Senior Software Developer
jny
The last location is stored in this reg key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Interwoven\WorkSite\8.0\iManExt\BrowseDlg\Last Location]
"Path"="\!nrtdms:0:!session:NTDEVSUPPORT:!WorkArea:!WorkList:" // This string represents the Worklist location.
Note this is an WS8 EAI mode key setting; it only respects Enhanced App dialogs, i.e., IManFileOpenCmd, IManFileSaveCmd, etc.
I think by default the DocOpenDlg should by default has the worklist as the default location. It's a possible bug that it's default to the Checked-out Documents location. There is no work-around for it.