In the company I work for, we have begun a massive Documentum effort for automating workflow and archiving documents.
Here's the problem: my company hired a third party company to do some initial work for us using Taskspace, Process Builder, etc. (xCP). In our meetings with that vendor, we asked them to store some data into the repository as custom object types. Their response was that the repository should not be used as a database, and data should always be stored outside of Documentum.
This response has me puzzled, so I thought I would take this question to the EMC experts here please.
Where should data be stored? I don't think there is a black and white answer to this, so please explain what are the factors to consider.
Thank you in advance. I think if EMC personnel answer this question, it will help a lot of aspiring Documentum teams.
Ahmed.