Centerstage - Error installing thumbnail generator

Pedro Ventura
edited May 21, 2010 in Documentum #1

While installing the thumbnail generator for CenterStage Pro 1.0.2.57 I got the following error:

Setup.product.install, java.lang.NullPointerException, err, An exception occured in: DiWACTSUpdateInstanceObject, beanID: updateInstanceObjectADD - DiWACTSUpdateInstanceObject failed! - docbaseSpecString; For more detailed information, see the error log: D:\CenterStage_Pro_1.0.2.57_Multi_Server_for_Windows\Thumbnail Generator 6.5 SP1 build 108 for Windows\setupError.log

Setup.product.install, java.lang.NullPointerException, err, java.lang.NullPointerException: docbaseSpecString

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.docbase.DocbaseSpec.<init>(DocbaseSpec.java:14)

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.session.SessionManager.getIdentity(SessionManager.java:204)

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.session.SessionManager.hasIdentity(SessionManager.java:196)

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.session.SessionManager.setIdentity(SessionManager.java:209)

at com.documentum.fc.client.DfClient$ClientImpl.newSession(DfClient.java:330)

at com.documentum.install.cts.common.services.DiCTSInstanceObjectOperations.getDfSession(DiCTSInstanceObjectOperations.java:228)

at com.documentum.install.cts.common.services.DiCTSInstanceObjectOperations.addProductToInstanceInfoObject(DiCTSInstanceObjectOperations.java:79)

at com.documentum.install.cts.common.beans.wizard.action.DiWACTSUpdateInstanceObject.execute(DiWACTSUpdateInstanceObject.java:85)

at com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.currentBeanChanged(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard$RunThread.run(Unknown Source)

When I check the windows services console all the services have been installed (Adlib Exponent Connector, Adlib Exponent Manager, Adlib Express Server, Adlib FMR, Documentum Content Transformation Monitor Services and Documentum Content Transformation Services).

Can anyone help me understand this error? What do I still need to do to get the thumbnail generator running?

Thanks,

Pedro Ventura

Comments

• PGasbarro
    edited May 21, 2010 #2

Was there ever a response or fix for this error? I encountered the same error during the Multi-Server installation.

According to the following Powerlink / Forum resources, it seems to be related to the DARs that might not have been installed for Thumbnail Generator (CTS) to work: Rich_Media_Services.dar and Transformation.dar. These DARs were installed (along with the other CenterStage DARs) prior to running the Thumbnail Generator installation. I followed some of the instructions in these resources (un-install TG and CTS, re-install the two DARs, re-install TG), but still get the same error at the same place.

Is there any additional help/support available?

Thanks!

Pasco

Here are the resources I consulted:

https://community.emc.com/message/449065 (exact same error, but not CenterStage)

https://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg103757 (same error code, different cause)

Here is the error screen. I'm also attaching the setupError.log file.

imageimageCenterStage_CTS_InstallError.gif