Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Description on New Version
System
Can anoyone tell me why the below code doesn't set the Description field as required when editing a profile. The same code works on New Profile, Edit Profile, and Check In:
=====================
CONST nrDescription = 3
CONST nrPracticeArea = 53
CONST nrLawType = 54
Sub NewVersionDlg_OnInitDialog(dlg)
Dim lngArray
lngArray = Array(nrDescription, nrPracticeArea, nrLawType)
dlg.RequiredList = lngArray
End Sub
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
David_ISA
Try putting your code in:
Sub NewVersionCmd_OnInitDialog(dlg)
instead of:
Sub NewVersionDlg_OnInitDialog(dlg)
I had the same problem before and this got around it.
Migrateduser
I wished that worked, but it didn't. Thanks anyway ...
jny
Actually, I tested NewVersionCmd_OnInitDialog as well as NewVersionDlg_OnInitDialog event handler and both require the description field successfully.
Which version of WorkSite 8.0 are you using? I tested in 8.0 SP1.
Migrateduser
We're using DeskSite 8.0 SP1a. I'm starting to think that the issue is related to have required fields set on the Doc. Type. If I stop the code in the OnInitDialog (with a MsgBox) I see the field is required, then I click okay and the fields reset based on the fields required by the document type.
jny
If your operation is Import As New Version, the correct event handler to catch is ImportNewVersionCmd_OnInitDialog(dlg).
[newvers.nrs]
====================================================
Sub ImportNewVersionCmd_OnInitDialog(dlg)
Dim lngArray
lngArray = Array(nrDescription, nrPracticeArea, nrLawType)
dlg.RequiredList = lngArray
End Sub
====================================================