Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Trying to exclude folders on the destination path.
System
I am trying to deploy from two different sources to a single destination with deletes enabled.
Each source needs to exclude the folders from the other so that they don't delete the folders in the destination that don't exist in it's source.
I have attached a screen print of destination structure and the deployment file. Half the folders in the destination come from one source and the other half from the other.
Everytime I run the deployment it deletes the others folders since it can't find them in the source.
What do I have wrong in the exclusions?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jkepler
You only need one filters element.
Consolidate like:
<filters >
<excludePath subPath="competitive_data" />
<excludePath subPath="homepage" />
<excludePath subPath="internal_communications" />
<excludePath subPath="manual" />
<excludePath subPath="model" />
<excludePath subPath="parts_spares_cross_reference_list" />
<excludePath subPath="sales_info" />
<excludePath subPath="service" />
<excludePath subPath="Supplies" />
<excludePath subPath="supplies_internal_communications" />
<excludePath subPath="training" />
</filters>
Migrateduser
Still deletes them.
Some additional notes.
I should note that the path in my screen print of e:\repositories is really e:\commonrepositories\repositories. The screen print was taken from my computer with a mapped drive.
Opendeploy is on the same server as Teamsite and I am trying to deploy to the E:\commonrepositories\repositories folder.
Windows 2000 SP4
Open Deploy 6.0.2.0.0 Build 46963
Teamsite 6.5 sp2
Migrateduser
Rechecked my deployment file again and I had missed one of the consolidations.
What's funny is that when I edited it in OpenDeploy and clicked on the Errors tab it didn't have any issues with the format I had it in originally.
Thanks jkepler for your help, your suggestion of consolidating did the trick.