Hi,
I am using documentum 5.3
I am having issue with exporting a virtual document with OLE reference link.
In one of the Excel file test1.xls there is a reference to test2.xls
We allow the user to check in test1.xsl as a virtual document along with test2.xls as one of its nodes.
Now when export (using operation) the test1.xls virtual doc, Documentum would also check out the test2.xls and updates the link reference in test1.xls to
the exported located. That's fine.
But because of our requirement, we changed the exported filepath to 12345.xls for example get around the Unicode in filename issue. Documentum now would
change the reference in test1.xls pointing to 12345.xls. This creates a bit of an issue for us because we eveentually rename the export files to their original names and thus the reference now becomes invalid.
My questions are:
1. What is the recommendation to export a virtual doc if we want to rename the exported filepath (object name) and later on reverse to the original name (Unicode get-around solution for us)
2. When I export that virtual doc, Documentum spawns a bunch of excel.exe processes to update the reference link. What would happen if I run my app server
in Unix? Also what would happen if I use Documentum 6.5? I heard 6.5 no longer uses MS Office Interopt DLL anymore!
Thank you
Doug