Has anyone here done any work on TeamSite - Dreamweaver integration? What I'm looking specifically for is a way to execute scripts or sent HTTP requests from Dreamweaver whenever a file is checked in or out. The idea is, when a user checks out a file, their DW app would sent a request to the TeamSite server to iwlock that file, then when the file is checked back in, it would iwsubmit (and therefore unlock) the file.
I realize this is sort of a back-door approach around the GUI, but really that's sort of the idea, at least for day-to-day site development for the programmers and graphic designers who understand client-server archectures (I don't hire technical staff who don't!). The content editors and other business users use the GUI exclusively...
The problem isn't finding the workareas, that's no problem (I'm no TeamSite noob...). The problem is the more fine tuned integration... when you open a file in DW, it doesn't lock it, which brings up the potential for collision since we only use one workarea for every site. Then, when you check it in, you still have to open the GUI and submit it.
Anyway, has anyone looked into this? I'm planning to, but I hate re-inventing the wheel...
Thanks!
-mike
Michael Langford, Webmaster - CARE USA
151 Ellis Street, Atlanta, GA, 30303
http://www.care.org/