Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Retrieving filename in newprof.nrs
David_ISA
Hi all,
Does anyone know how to retrieve the filename of the selected file from "File->Import" in Desksite in the newprof.nrs file?
I check the context items using this code below and none of the values contain the file name.
I need to retrieve the filename because we want to store information in the filename which we can then extract and use in the profile. I can't simply use the API to import the document instead because i need to also extract this info for a document saved from an ODMA integrated application.
Thanks.
---------------------------------------------
Sub NewProfileDlg_OnInitDialog(dlg)
on error resume next
dim CItem
for each CItem in Context
msgbox cItem.name
next
End Sub
---------------------------------------------
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
DaleN
I've had a similar requirement in the past (trying to get filename extensions). When the import is done via a drag & drop you can use the "IManExt.Import.Filename" context item to get the filename.
Unfortunately when the file is added using the File Import method, the path and filename information isn't stored anywhere. About the only thing I could get in this situation was the first part of the filename because it automatically gets inserted in the Description field. The path and extension information wasn't available.
Regards,
Dale