Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
IWOV - how did you generate all of your perldoc?
Johnny
I'm looking for an effective solution to generate all of our perldoc into a set of html pages much like how iwov has done with their PT documentation.
pod2html does not do that on it's own.. it just generates on a file per file basis, but I'm looking for something similiar to how javadoc works.
Ideally I would like to specify a number of directories
EG
/path_to_workarea/templatedata/*.tpl
iwhome/iw-perl/site/lib/
iwhome/local/config/wft/
etc
I thought I would be able to find a tool to do this, but I couldn't seem to find on.
Thoughts?
John Cuiuli
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
Well Pod::Html::HtmlTree seems to do most of it - takes a directory path and generates the pages.
I'll need to write a script that will build an index of the files.
Still curious how others (including iwov) do this.
John Cuiuli
gzevin
with the PT docs - I kind of know, as Jon ****, the author of Templating has told me, some few years ago - he built custom TPLs to render PODs....
maybe this should have been shared with the IWOV community....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Bill Klish
We use Pod::HtmlTree to generate the pages, but don't really have an index page. Instead, we included a tag at the bottom of each .pm file that links to the others. We didn't do this for TPL files, just our PMs.
More and more, we are getting away from using Perl at all, and switching everything over to Java and Content Services SDK. No new development is being done in Perl (if it can be helped)