Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Migrate Active Workflows/Tasks to New Domain
mcpalmer
Is there a way to migrate Active Workflows/Tasks to a new domain and be able to change the Workflow owner, creator, etc to use the new Domain IDs?
We've used iwidmap to successfully update the backing store to use the new domain, but have not found any CLTs to successfully update the workflows.
examples: Notice it changes the owner to "<no user>" on the new domain
iwgetwfobj for current domain contains the correct domain/usernames
usertask name="Editors" owningworkflow="160348" lock="f" transferonly="f" readonly="f" state="active" active="t" owner="DOMAIN\USERNAME" unactivatible="t" tryingtolock="f" undoable="f"
iwgetwfobj for new domain and after updating iwidmap. Same exact job.
usertask name="Editors" owningworkflow="160348" lock="f" transferonly="f" readonly="f" state="active" active="t" owner="<no user>" unactivatible="t" tryingtolock="f" undoable="f"
Any ideas how to update the workflows after moving TS to a new Domain?
thx in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
stefanmaier
Hi,
try to extract the IDs from the workflow store in the same way as you tried before with your backing store:
iwidmap -u -x outfile.txt e:\iw-store\workflow (perhaps you have to change this path...)
Don't know if this really works and if this is a supported way...
Make a backup before you do some changes...
Stefan
Adam Stoller
I'd suggest checking with Support - but I don't believe there is currently any way to migrate active workflows from one server to another (which is what I assume you mean by domain)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
report_page_1.JPG
pranav
Hi,
I totally agree with fish.I don't think that there is any solution to migrate the workflows to the new domain.
Please let us know if anyone is having some clue about this .
-Pranav