The 2nd Definition's target node would be the Base Server itself. Looks like I'd need to specify a target area as well for the metadata deployment. I don't quite understand that -- why does OD/DD need to (re)deploy the file assets to deploy the EAs -- can't it build the "EA manifest" or whatever without deploying the files themselves?
The 2nd Definition's target node would be the Base Server itself. Looks like I'd need to specify a target area as well for the metadata deployment. I don't quite understand that -- why does OD/DD need to (re)deploy the file assets to deploy the EAs -- can't it build the "EA manifest" or whatever without deploying the files themselves? We currently have this same issue. I would love to be able to deploy metadata only w/ a dbLoader-type deploy. Yes, we can use DD in a standalone mode, but then we have two sets of configs files and two different deployment architectures. In fact, this is what we currently do and it is a pain. (The DD config files for dbLoader and stadalone DD are slightly different if you have not noticed yet.) Going forward, we hope to have only dbLoader-type deploys. We will probably have a DNR that deletes all the content we just deployed for one of our deploys. A bit lame, but it will work.Also, when using dbLoader, be aware that it tends to leak memory. You will have to do frequent restarts on your receiver and/or pump up the max heap size for the JVM. I have found that our receiver that does the dbLoading runs out of memory after ~900 deploys. Since you are doing loopback, it may be a bit different, but if I were you, I would run deploys in a loop to check for memory leaks.Finally, if I get a moment, I am going to file a feature request regarding the optional supression of content when doing a dbLoader deploy. If you happen to beat me to this, let me know.--Jed Michnowicz jedm@sun.comContent Management EngineeringSun Microsystems
Hi Jed,We are having issues with our receiver (using dbLoader as well) and find we have to restart it ever so often as well. This memory leak - was this ever resolved? If not, is there a bug # attached to it?Thanks,/FF
The memory leak we experienced was fixed last December. If you are on the latest patch rev for OD 6.02, you should be golden:/app/suncom/opendeploy/OpenDeployNG/bin/iwodservergetversionVersion 6.0.2.1.1 Build 53981 Interwoven 20051201OD6.1 should also contain the fix, but we don't run that so I cannot really comment.