#!c:\Interwoven\TeamSite/iw-perl/bin/iwperl
I'm fairly certain you must include the full path in the shebang and there is no way to use any kind of variable in it. So you're pretty much stuck with hard coding the path to iw-perl there.
My next question is what environment are you using? In Windows, you only need to include the shebang line in perl cgi scripts.
~Jeff
#!iwperl
Hi.. u can try this and reply...#!__IW_HOME__/iw-perl/bin/iwperl
#!__IW_HOME__/iw-perl/bin/iwperl
#!/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl
#!d:/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl
#!d:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl
iwperl scriptname
d:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl scriptname
#!
__IW_HOME__
__IW_HOME___
There are some very convoluted ways to (try to?) dynamically incorporate the path to IWHOME in your scripts - but usually that's only needed if poor planning was done with respect to installation on multiple servers (e.g. DEV, TEST, PROD servers with different IWHOME paths -- bad)On Windows - if the PATH environment is set correctly and the file associations are set correctly I believe you can actually just use: #!iwperl without the path, though I do believe that for CGI scripts you want the full path if you want to be able to call the .ipl script directly - otherwise you can copy show_env.cgi (a binary wrapper for show_env.ipl) to your_script_name.cgi (to act as a binary wrapper for your CGI .ipl script)
I am on TS 6.7.2 (windows 2003) . The she bang line #!iwperl works for some ipls and cgi's but not for 1 particular cgi file. What can be the reason? I am connecting to DB from my DCT inline call to fetch some values for a dropdown on my dct. The above shebang line works for this ipl. I have a formsAPI call to a CGI through call server to load another drop down in the dct . this time the she bang line in the cgi script doesnt seem to be working while it works for yet another CGI script performing something similar. WHat can be the reason?