Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Moving users from local to LDAP using iwidmap?
Bill Klish
TeamSite 6.1 SP1
Windows 2003
AD Server - Windows 2003
I have local Windows account on my teamsite server and want to migrate all the users off to the AD server. I have successfully gotten things setup with the authentication working correctly. I now need to have all of the objects in the backing store updated to reflect the new domain name.
Old entries look similar to TEAMSITE61\Tony. I want them to now look like TEAMSITE\Tony. I thought iwidmap was the way to do it, but it didn't work. I tried the following:
iwidmap -u -c TEAMSITE61\Tony TEAMSITE\Tony c:\iw-store\default
That didn't change anything. After reading some posts, I went exported the ids to a file, commented out the old entry, and changed the token id of the new to that of the old (the new token id was 162):
<!--<RECORD>
<TOKEN data = "161"/>
<ID data ="S-1-5-21-798015797-400417830-334888720-1016"/>
<NAME data="teamsite61\Tony"/>
</RECORD>-->
<RECORD>
<TOKEN data = "161"/>
<ID data ="S-1-5-21-1048481217-521032908-1286909036-1109"/>
<NAME data="TEAMSITE\Tony"/>
</RECORD>
I have not changed any of the groups yet, but have setup authentication and roles to be managed in the AD.
Is there something I am doing wrong?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
chintu
Though I have not worked in this area, I played around with this trying to setup disaster recovery in our project.
I have not worked with AD before so I assume that the new SID (for TEAMSITE) is the one created by Active Directory.
What you can try doing is export the user to a file while changing the domains too, and then import back it into TeamSite with the changed SID.
Did you deactivate/activate the content store or restarted the TeamSite server after the change? If not, try doing these too.
pranav
Hi,
I think your problem is due to the existing
entities
entries(which is unfortunately the older ones).
Please go through the article to
replace the older entity entries with the new one
.
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=48797
Please let me know whether your problem is still alive .
-Pranav