Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Enabling "End Job" for all users in TeamSite
System
Our users (authors, editors, admins) are not able to end jobs in the workflow tab - but masters can. (We use the CC Pro UI)
I have searched through the configuration files in iw-home\httpd\webapps\content_center\WEB-INF\conf\ccpro and found the command (iw.ccpro.remove_job) in commands.xml. In the roles.xml it lists the command with isPermitted=true for all roles - yet only masters can end jobs.
Is there something I'm missing for enabling this for all users?
Thanks.
Melody Brownell
Environment:
TS 6.1.0 Service Pack 2
Windows 2003
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'm not sure what you're asking is reasonable.
End Job is currently available to the job owner / creator and Master users - by design.
Do you really want *any* user to be able to end *any* job in the system?
The general alternative is to provide an End Job transition in the workflow that you can associate with however many tasks as you want so that the task owners will have the right to abort a job at any point in time (this can be as simple or complex as you want - i.e. you could have a user say he wants to end the job and then have that go through an approval process before allowing the job to be ended - or you could just transition immediately to the endtask)
nipper
Like Ghoti, I think this is a bad idea.
However, you can do it by adding a parallel task that is a cancel task in your workflow. That can be visable up until the point of no return, usually when the submittask has happened. This is an easy addition to a workflow, you can make it a group task so that anyone can take and cancel it.
Like I said, I dislike this idea, but do it if you like.
Andy
Migrateduser
Let me clarify - I'm not wanting to give any user the ability to end anyone's job...I am wanting owners of a job to be able to end their own jobs. Right now, that option is grayed out for them - and I can't figure out why since the config files show that it is enabled. Is there another configuration file that should be modified other than the commands.xml?
Thanks.
Melody
jbonifaci
Are you setting them as job owner in your workflow templates?
~Jeff