Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MediaBin Script Model API
magikandrea
Hi all,
I've got a MB Server (ver 4.5.1) and I would like to write a VB program using the Script Model API and run it on a different server. Obviously this program interacts with my MB Server.
I know that there are 4 DLL files that can be used to develop the program:
Client API2.dll
jsTools.dll
MBModel4.dll
MBPScriptModel2.dll
The question is: to develop the program do I have to register those DLL files on my PC? Do I have to register them on the server where I want to run my program?
How can I register them?
Thank you very much for your help,
Andrea
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
The script model dll has never been tested running "out of process," so you should run it as an "in process" COM server. In other words, all of the dlls should reside on the PC where your VB program runs. You will need to register only the MediaBin script model dll. Copy all the dlls to a single directory. Open a command prompt, navigate to that directory, and type regsvr32 mbpscriptmodel2.dll. A popup message should appear confirming the script model has been registered successfully.
Interwoven provides over 20 sample applications that use the API. Some of them are VB6 programs.
Migrateduser
One additional note, you need Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 on the machine as MBPScriptModel2.dll is bound to those references. I think the only two that are needed are msvcp71.dll and Msvcr71.dll.
Migrateduser
You don't need .Net to use the COM api. However, you are correct that the COM API depends on the two Microsoft system dlls you mention. The MediaBin client-side dlls are native C++ applications, developed using DevStudio7.
Formatting GRID.JPG
Migrateduser
Ahh, yes - thank you for the correction.
test.rptdesign
test.pdf