Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
System created edition question
tgerber
I was looking at teamsite and noticed something I hadn't seen before.
I was looking at the "submit details" on a file that someone had submitted.
On the screen it gives the "archived in" name as "omaha_sub:#1420". When I hover over it, its gives an edition name of
/default/main/employeesite_branch/omaha_sub/EDITION/%231420
We did not create this edition. We select some files from a workarea and submitted them. I was surprised to see this edition name.
I was able to click on this edition name and look through the files. It also let me compare this edition to other editions or workareas.
So it seems the system implicitly creates and edition.
If that is true where are these editions stored? I would like to look at them if possible.
Mainly because we submitted a directory tree that someone had not done a get latest on for quite some time and this caused a ton of files to get deleted. I need to get them back but I don't know exactly which ones. If I can do a diff on this "system" edition and another edition I can recover them more easily.
Thx
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
As of TS 5.5.something, hidden editions were created automagically when a submit happened.
You can search the forums for hidden edition (if search is working properly) and you should see some relavent posts.
Per your Q where are they stored, as with everything in TS, it is stored in the backingstore. Just realize that the incremental disk utilization is the files that are different from the previous edition. So you do not have thousands of copies of the same file floating around.
iwlist -k /vpath/to/branch/EDITION will provide the list.
You should be able to get to old versions of the files, but remember that there are a lot of these hidden editions.
HTH
Andy