Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Firefox bug with teamsite
mogoo
Has anyone encountered the following message, usually when cut & pasting a teamsite url, or clicking on a link...
>>Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked.
A quick look around the web shows that technically it's a Firefox bug... caused by FF following too strict of code rules. But companies can fix it by correcting their code.
Just wondering if anyone has any workarounds for this (Other than use IE), and if Interwoven is aware of it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
I use Firefox fairly often. & while I try to do as little real work as is possible, I do
work in Teamsite once in a while.
I have never seen this, can you be a bit more specific on how to reproduce it ?
mogoo
Hey nipper, they're making you do real work now??? Yuck.
I haven't had this happen to me yet, but it's happened to a couple of our users, when they cut&paste a teamsite url or try to access a page thru a link. They can then log in to teamsite, browse to the page & open it up fine... it's only in the 2 instances mentioned above.
gzevin
well, while I kind of use Firefox myself, AFAIK, it is not a supported browser....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
nipper
Hey Mo
Yea I am now about 100 miles south of you doing an implemenation. Still have time
for devnet.
I use firefox often, the only issues I have are when launchpage is used, the JVM
I have gets hosed.
I will see if I can reproduce your error from all of the great details you provided.
But as Greg pointed out, firefox is not officially supported.
Andy
CQIChart.rptdesign
Migrateduser
Yes, Firefox is not a supported browser to use with Teamsite on Windows. I do like the use of tab browsing instead of opening up a bunch of browsers, although I wish it did not take up that much memory.
miletwo
I use Firefox almost exclusively although on MacOSX. I have never recieved this type of error.
It's not like I have a choice though... FF is the only browser that I've found that actually works with TS (on Mac).
Jeremy Anderson
miletwo, inc.
www.miletwo.com
Quis custodit custodem
chunk
Which version of Firefox are you using?
I'm using 1.0.7 on Windows XP Pro SP2 and haven't had any troubles accessing TeamSite 6.5.0 on Solaris 2.9.
Cheers
mogoo
You guys are right, Firefox is not supported. We are running TS 6.5 Solaris, and using Firefox 1.0.6 on Windows 2000. I personally haven't had any problems, but a couple of our users have.
Like I said, it only is a problem for them when they cut & paste a teamsite URL into the FF browser, or clicking on a link that would normally prompt them to log in to teamsite. I don't do either of these often, so maybe that's why I haven't seen it?
Thanks for everyone's input..
maureen