We load documets into documentum by batch jobs. These documents have date attributes.
If the import file contains a date: 3/15/2010 00:00:00, this date is stored in the database (its a orcale, check done via sqlplus)
as 14-mar-2010 23:00:00. Formatting is not a problem. The problem is, it is an hour earlier.
When displaying that date in webtop / properties of the document, it is displayed as 3/15/2010 00:00:00.
Here takes (I strongly assume this) some time zone arithmetics place.
The problem now is: We have a dfc application embedded in webtop, which does a search. You can enter a date in a datetime action control, the associated java code creates a dql statement , runs it on the server and the resultset is returned.
If we select 15-mar-2010 in this search application, we get all documents from 16-mar-2010 as result. Time Zone arithmetics does not take place here.
So now I am a bit in trouble as searches do not work correctly. Two solutions come into my mind:
1) Get documentation how this timezone artithmetics is handled by content server or dfc or any involved product and do it right.
2) Disable time zone arithmetics in cs or any other component. Take any date as it is, documentum!! HAH! (thats the one I'd prefer)
Any clues how I cat achieve one of these goals?