Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
viewing PDFs and Word Doc in Teamsite 6.5
agammehta
Hello All,
I am unable to view a PDF, Word, or Excel Doc in Teamiste 6.5. I went and updated iw.cfg file to:-
[iwproxy]
customer_webserver_port=81
[iwproxy_smartcontextedit_allowed]
_default=yes
_regex=.*\.(doc|pdf|xls)$=no
But still didn't make any difference. when I try to open pdf file it simple gives me error saying page cannot be found. But when I put my port number 81 it works fine. I also made few other changes in httpd.cong file change
#
# Port: The port to which the standalone server listens. For
# ports < 1023, you will need httpd to be run as root initially.
#
Port 80
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
still no success. I'm sure I'm missing something. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
The first thing I would do is kill the iwproxy process and start it again from command line with the debug flag (iwproxy -d). This will show you a log of the proxy activity as it happens. I'd look at that first and see if it's returning anything strange.
I had a similar problem recently, but I'm doubtful that you're having this problem, too, but I also had to specify the port in order for assets to appear properly. The problem was that the password for the user that TeamSite sets up as an owner of the Y:\default directory (I take it you're on Unix, but you know what I mean) was messed up.
But like I said, iwproxy -d is usually a good starting point.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
nipper
Did you restart the proxy ?
or run iwreet -a or -ui
agammehta
Yes I'd restart proxy after the changes were made. Sorry didn't mentioned in my posting. I'm runing teamsite 6.5 on windows.
Migrateduser
I'm referring specifically to "iwproxy
-d
"
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
nipper
Then follow Dave's advice.
form the command line, kill iwproxy,
then restart it with the -d flag. run some tests and collect the
output. Parse through there & see why it is failing.
Then kill and restart the proxy w/o the -d flag as it collects a whole lot of info.
agammehta
Thanks you guys for your help. Have a problem runing iwproxy on command prompt. I don't understand why does it hangs when I issue this command with -d. Any ideas ?
Thanks
Edited by agammehta on 06/24/05 04:20 AM (server time).
pranav
Hi,
Can you give some more detail about the error while running iwproxy -d from command prompt ?
-Pranav
agammehta
I don't see anything happening. When I issued iwproxy -d command it just sits there for ever. Feels like it is doing something but don't see anything happening. I use cgiCommandLine.cgi on IE browser.
Thanks
pranav
I use cgiCommandLine.cgi on IE browser.
Why are you doing this ?
Try out these things ::
>> First revert back to the origional(keep your current iw.cfg as backup) iw.cfg file and then try iwproxy -d or iwreset -a
>> Try to run iwproxy -d from windows command prompt and see how it goes on dos prompt ?
-Pranav
agammehta
When I ran iwproxy this is what I get
[iwproxy] using iwproxy_host from iw.cfg: hostname
[iwproxy] listening at
http://hostname:1080
[iwproxy] using customer web server at
http://hostname:81
[iwproxy] using servlet engine at
http://hostname:8080/iw-c
c
[iwproxy] using iwwebd at
http://hostname:80
[external remap configuration]
[name not set]
key: 0
docroot: [no docroot specified]
[local remap configuration]
/
key: 0
docroot: [no docroot specified]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
am I overlooking something here..
Thanks
nipper
you tried to open a PDF then ? Through TeamSite (not port 81) ?
You should see more information than that
you ran iwproxy -d ?
agammehta
yes I ran iwproxy -d
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[Using tickets for authentication]
[Using newfangled blobs]
[iwproxy] iwserver locale: English_UnitedStates.MS1252@Binary
[iwproxy] max_connections (default): 100
regex pattern set: /default/main/.*/WORKAREA/[^/]+/(home/)(.*)
regex pattern set: (^/iw-mount/default/main/.*/WORKAREA/[^/]+/).[^\?]*/((content
|images|scripts|includes|pdf|authorware|flash|docs|powerpoint)/.*)
regex pattern set: (^/iw-mount/default/main/(.*)/(((WORKAREA|EDITION)/[^/]+)|STA
GING)/(.*\.html)((\?.*)?))$
regex pattern set: /default/main/.*/WORKAREA/[^/]+/CountryPassport/(.*)
regex pattern set: (/default/main/([^/]+)/WORKAREA/([^/]+))/DONOT_CLICK
regex pattern set: (/default/main/([^/]+)/WORKAREA/([^/]+))/virtualize
regex pattern set: (/default/main/([^/]+)/WORKAREA/([^/]+))/virtCWC
regex pattern set: /default/main/.*/WORKAREA/[^/]+/(SiteController|ProcessVisibi
lityForm|FinancialSearch|CCPdfWriter|CCProcessEmailPage|pdfs)(.*)
regex pattern set: /default/main/.*/WORKAREA/[^/]+/(.*\.jsp)(.*)
regex pattern set: (.*)/WORKAREA/[^/]+/.*
Checking _default -> yes
bmap_pair::rewrite() non-regex: Checking prefix '_default' against '_default'
Checking _default -> yes
bmap_pair::rewrite() non-regex: Checking prefix '_default' against '_default'
[iwproxy] using iwproxy_host from hostname
[iwproxy] listening at
http://hostname:1080
[iwproxy] using customer web server at
http://hostname:81
[iwproxy] using servlet engine at
http://hostname:8080/iw-c
c
[iwproxy] using iwwebd at
http://hostname:80
[external remap configuration]
[name not set]
key: 0
docroot: [no docroot specified]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried to open pdf file and it showed me page cannot be display on internet browser.
Thanks
[local remap configuration]
/
key: 0
docroot: [no docroot specified]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------