Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Update a DCR
kirthiraman
Using CSFile, I could get the DCR contents. I need to modify the DCR contents by adding a few tags. Is there a way to modify DCR though API?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iw_store
Hi,
I think you can do using perl i.e DCRNode module which is provided by interwoven.
Look for that module in support site, you will get some information.
kirthiraman
Is there a way to do it in Java?
iw_store
Hi,
May be, but iam not aware about Java. Search for DCRNode in forum you may get some material.
kirthiraman
Thanks anyway. We do have the Perl scripts working, but we are trying to get all our development using ContentServices SDK Release 2.0. The question was in that context. CSFile is a java object and I believe either via CSNode or CSFile, there should be a way to update DCR, but I am not sure how.
Johnny
The contents of the file is xml - you should be able to parse it in which ever paser you prefer.
John Cuiuli
kirthiraman
Yes, I know that. But yet I have not found exactly an answer such as
cast your CSFile object to CSSimpleFile, then use setXYZ() method to update DCR. This level of detail is what I am looking for. I know DCR is an XML.
I would appreciate if there is a concrect answer as explained above.
Johnny
Sorry for the confusion.
Your DCR is just a plain old simpleFile. Read it via an input stream and save it the same way.
CSF doesn't really provide any sort of templating methods. You're on your own unfortunately.
John Cuiuli
kirthiraman
Thanks. The problem was because
Could not create nlmhome.dcr in /default/main/nlm/........./homepage/data
com.interwoven.cssdk.access.CSAuthorizationException: /default/main/nlm/..../homepage/data(Permission denied)
The permissions were'nt there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Once you said it is plain simple file, there should not be a problem, that gave me a clue to check the permissions.
Thanks.
PaulD
kirthiraman
Did you find an answer to this? I guess what you are looking for is the Java equivalent of TeamSite::XMLnode, correct? Not familar with CSSDK, but it looks like CSFile simply provides the xml file as data and doesnt parse it?
thanks
Paul