Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite Index server down
bturns
TS 6.5
Solaris 8
I've been trying to get search running on a separate machine than TS. I am running into problems where the index server will not start. I've tried starting it as root and as an admin user. The service will not come up. Has anyone experienced this?
When I run any CLT on the index server I get the following response:
=============================
ktazp676:/apps/iw-home/Search/bin> ./iwndxstatus -a
ERROR - Failed to connect to server: Target not listening; connection refused
Please make sure the search server and index server are running.
Usage: iwndxstatus [-h|-v] -a [-f]
iwndxstatus [-f] branchpath1 branchpath2 ...
Get index status for all listed branches from the
index server.
-h Display this usage information.
-v Display this command's version number.
-a Get index status for all indexed branches.
Partially indexed branches should be
listed by this option.
-f Format the output into a more readable
format instead of the default xml format.
branchpath1 ... List the paths of the branches to
request index status for.
===========================================
I've attached the log files.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
If you remove the branches from branches.cfg will it start ?
There are a ton of permission denied errors in your log file. Go to the Staging area of one
and do a ls -R & save that to a file.
Andy
bturns
Hey Andy,
Thanks that seems to have helped. Removing the branch from branches.cfg allowed for the index server to start. I'm now trying to delete the previous index and having trouble.
Here is the file list that you asked for.
Thanks,
Brian
nipper
Cool, don't search that branch.
The perms on the files looked fine, so try deleting the index and restart it.