My problem goes like this...
UserA is starting a workflow which will copy few documents from Documentum into a shared network path.The UserA has full access to the shared network path. Now the issue is that even if I execute the copy code snippet with the logged in user , I am unable to copy the documents to shared path and it says 'Access Denied'. I realize that the API command is still running as the installation owner who does not have access to shared path.
How do I run it as the logged-in user.this is what I am doing in my docbasic code (which is called from the workflow)
Sub EntryPoint(ByVal stub1 As String, _
ByVal docbase As String, _
ByVal stub2 As String, _
ByVal user As String, _
ByVal stub3 As String, _
ByVal workItemId As String, _
ByVal stub4 As String, _
ByVal ticket As String, _
ByVal stub5 As String, _
ByVal mode As String)
sessionId = dmAPIGet("connect," & docbase & "," & user & "," & ticket)
Set clientX = CreateObject("java:com.documentum.com.DfClientX")
Set client = clientX.getLocalClient()
Set session = client.adoptDMCLSession(sessionId)
Infact, later in the code when I query the logged-in user , I am able to get the logged-in user credentials properly. Stiill my copy to shared path fails.
I have also tried this:
1) Logged into DA as superuser and executed getfile API to copy to shared path.I get an error:
OS Error: Unknown username or bad password
1) Logged into DA as UserA and executed getfile API to copy to shared path.I get same error:
OS Error: Unknown username or bad password
I guess this means that no matter which user logged-in, the API command is always getting executed as superuser?
Please help me on this..