Hi,
I deploy the taskspace war file, and i am getting the login page successfully,But i am unable to login with the (windows credentials).Help me how to login into taskspace.
Thanks
Pradeep
After installation you need to login with your installation owner username and password.
Thanks,
Tri
Also verify that the install owner is assigned to the ts_designer role if you want to create/configure Taskspace application.
Hi Johnny Gee
I have configure the TaskSpace with Tomcat on a system and trying to connect with the Content server but i am getting "Application <TaskSpace> does not exist in the repository" message on the login screen on the TaskSpace application.I have added all the information required to login in the dfc.property file.
With the same information i am able to login in the webtop application.
If the TaskSpace is not installed in the Content Server than i will install the TaskSpace application in the Content Server. I have downloaded the TaskSpace.dar but i have not found any information to install the dar application inside the content serve.
Nitin Sengar
Use DAR Installer to install Dar-files.
I have tried to install TashSpace.dar using the TashSpaceDARInstaller but i am getting the the below error:-
E:\Documentum\TaskSpaceDARInstaller\TaskSpaceDARInstaller>java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -cp C:\Documentum\product\6.5\install\composer\ComposerHeadless\startup.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main -clean -data C:\Documentum\product\6.5\install\composer\ComposerHeadless\workspace -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile installdar.xmlBuildfile: installdar.xml
install: [echo] Install DAR... [echo] TaskSpace.dar[emc.installer] [INFO] Project location: C:\Documentum\product\6.5\install\composer\ComposerHeadless\workspace\TaskSpace[emc.installer] Project location: C:\Documentum\product\6.5\install\composer\ComposerHeadless\workspace\TaskSpace[emc.installer] [ERROR] Unable to install dar file E:\Documentum\TaskSpaceDARInstaller\TaskSpaceDARInstaller\TaskSpace.dar[emc.installer] com.emc.ide.installer.InstallException: Error unpacking the DARfile[emc.installer] at com.emc.ide.installer.util.IDarInstallerHelper.unpackDar(IDarInstallerHelper.java:307)
Also, is there no further errorlog? It's pretty vague.
I have using the same version of Content Server and Composer (6.5 SP 2 Release 6.5.0.221), is it necessary to use the same version of TaskSpace.dar file.
I am using the developer edition 6.5 SP2 of the Content server by default the Composer is part of the Document Content Server app.
Dear All,
Still i am not able to connect the TaskSpace app with Content Server. I have tries to configure install the TaskSpace application in the Content Server repository but i am getting the below error.
I am using the same information as i am using in the webtop application to connect with the Content Server.
install: [echo] Install DAR... [echo] TaskSpace.dar[emc.installer] [WARN] An existing project 'TaskSpace' found in the workspace.Project will be deleted[emc.installer] An existing project 'TaskSpace' found in the workspace. Project will be deleted[emc.installer] [INFO] Loaded existing Documentum project 'DocumentumCoreProject' (835 artifacts)[emc.installer] Loaded existing Documentum project 'DocumentumCoreProject' (835artifacts)[emc.installer] [INFO] Project location: C:\ComposerHeadless\workspace\TaskSpace[emc.installer] Project location: C:\ComposerHeadless\workspace\TaskSpace[emc.installer] [ERROR] Unable to install dar file E:\Documentum\TaskSpaceDARInstaller\TaskSpaceDARInstaller\TaskSpace.dar
[emc.installer] com.emc.ide.installer.InstallException: Unable to log in to docbase 'documentum' as 'dm_bof_registry' against domain 'null' (password withheld)
[emc.installer] at com.emc.ide.installer.util.IDarInstallerHelper.doInPlaceInstall(IDarInstallerHelper.java:137)[emc.installer] at com.emc.ant.installer.api.InstallerAntTask.installDar(InstallerAntTask.java:233)[emc.installer] at com.emc.ant.installer.api.InstallerAntTask.execute(InstallerAntTask.java:125)[emc.installer] at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)[emc.installer] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)[emc.installer] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
Whats the url you using to access TaskSpace? Also, you said "...I have configure the TaskSpace" - what is the name of the TaskSpace you created/configred.
Hi Johnny Gee,
I have configured the TaskSpace on a seprate computer same it did for webtop. I am able to access the login screen of the TaskSpace application using the (http://192.168.10.31:8080/taskspace) url but i am not able to login into the TaskSpace application we are getting 'Application <TaskSpace> does not exist in the repository' message on the same login screen.
So i have tried to install the TaskSpace.dar but i am unabke to install the TaskSpace.dar. to install the dar file i have used 'TaskSpaceDARInstaller' app. The 'install.properties' was updated before start TaskSpaceDARInstaller (same information as found in the dfc.properties of the Content Server).
When i try to run the batch utility i am getting below exception:-
Johnny i below queries:-
1) Do we need to install the Application Builder, Application installer, Forms Builder, Process Builder for the TaskSpace application. I am using the Documentum Developer editon of the Content Server.
2) To install the DAR file using the utility or with the Composer application.
I need you ASAP because i stuck because i need to intregare my Viewer based application with the TaskSpace. I did same configuration with the WebTop application.
"I have configured the TaskSpace on a seprate computer same it did for webtop."
Did you actually create TaskSpace application, this is different from deploying Taskspace WAR file or installing Taskspace DAR?
Using TaskSpace, you can create multiple taskspace application using the same Taskspace WAR file. For example, if you create TaskSpace app called MyApplication, the url you should use is:
http://192.168.10.31:8080/taskspace/?appname=MyApplication
The base TaskSpace url (http://192.168.10.31:8080/taskspace) will give you access to the TaskSpace configuration page, not the actual Taskspace application you created.
no i have not created any TaskSpace application . I am trying to connect the Taskspace application with the Content Server.I have deploying Taskspace WAR file on a seprate computer with tomcat and trying to connect with content server.
So you havent "configured" Taskspace application yet. All you did was deployed WAR and are in the process of installing DAR. I wish you said this from the beginning - it would prevented all this confusion. If you look at error log in more detail:
"[emc.installer] com.emc.ide.installer.InstallException: Unable to log in to docbase 'documentum' as 'dm_bof_registry' against domain 'null' (password withheld)"
Its pretty self-explanatory. Your credential for the bof user is NOT correct. Did you provide the encrypted value for the bof registery user in the dfc.properties file the Taskspace app?
The easiet way to get the right values is to copy the dfc.properties file from the Content Server (normally located c:\Documentum\config) to your web app.
I am using the same encrypted credential as found in the dfc.properties file of the Contnet Server. I have copied all the reruired information found in the dfc.properties file.
I am getting below message on the login screen of the TaskSpace application.
"Application <TaskSpace> does not exist in the repository"
Even I am able to connect with WebTop with the same encrypted credential
The below exception id thrown by the TaskSpace installation utility when I am trying to install TaskSpace.dar, which was download from the, powerlink.emc.com’ download center with TaskSpace.war.
Johnny, credential are valid because when I am trying to login with system administrator username & password I am getting "Application <TaskSpace> does not exist in the repository" message and if I am trying to login with wrong username and password then I am getting credential are not valid.
Thanks for all you help.
thanks,
Nitin
The error message is saying that the bof username/password is not correct - the one in the dfc.properties file (not the sys admin username/password you are entering in the login page).
i have copied the below information from the content server 'dfc.properties' file into TaskSpace 'dfc.properties' and tried to login with the default username and password of the developer editon content server
-------------------------------------------------------------
dfc.docbroker.host[0]=WEBTOPdfc.docbroker.port[0]=1489dfc.globalregistry.repository=documentumdfc.globalregistry.username=dm_bof_registrydfc.globalregistry.password=KmYwfPemMrpphRf5Lwazxg\=\=
--------------------------------------------------------------
default username: barthur or white
passowrd : barthur or white
and i am using the same user name and passowrd to login into the TaskSpace application login screen.
Johnny, can you tell me what is this message means:- "Application <TaskSpace> does not exist in the repository"
The Taskspace Application doesnt exist yet because you havent successfully install the Taskspace DAR file - see previous posts.
Another thing to try is to delete Taskspace application (all objects) under /System/Applications and then restart the repository. Maybe there is something cached thats preventing you from installing TaskSpace DAR successfully.
still i am getting issues. finally i am able to run the DAR installer and now i am getting the below error:
DfException:: THREAD: main; MSG: [DM_QUERY_E_NOT_CLASS]error: "
SELECT: The type (dm_xfm_form) specified in the FROM clause is either not a val
id Documentum type, or not a queryable Documentum
I have attached the complite logs with the mail.
=====================================================================
[emc.installer] [INFO] Started initial queue sort Sat Jul 10 17:24:02 IST 2010
[emc.installer] Started initial queue sort Sat Jul 10 17:24:02 IST 2010
[emc.installer] [INFO] Installable Objects sort statistics (pass #1):
[emc.installer] Data size = 675
[emc.installer] Number of comparison steps = 454950
[emc.installer] Number of comparisons = 3905899 (accounts for more then one comparison within each step)
[emc.installer] Number of swaps required = 905
[emc.installer] Installable Objects sort statistics (pass #1):
[emc.installer] Number of comparisons = 3905899 (accounts for mo
re then one comparison within each step)
[emc.installer] [INFO] Finished initial queue sort Sat Jul 10 17:24:03 IST 2010
[emc.installer] Finished initial queue sort Sat Jul 10 17:24:03 IST 2010
[emc.installer] [INFO] Locating existing objects
[emc.installer] Locating existing objects
[emc.installer] [INFO] Finished locating existing objects Sat Jul 10 17:24:04 IST 2010
[emc.installer] Finished locating existing objects Sat Jul 10 17:24:04 IST 2010
[emc.installer] [INFO] Running Pre install validations
[emc.installer] Running Pre install validations
[emc.installer] DfException:: THREAD: main; MSG: [DM_QUERY_E_NOT_CLASS]error: "
id Documentum type, or not a queryable Documentum type."; ERRORCODE: 100; NEXT:null
[emc.installer] at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.docbase.DocbaseExceptionMapper.newException(DocbaseExceptionMapper.java:57)
[emc.installer] at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.connection.docbase.MessageEntry.getException(MessageEntry.java:39)
please respond soon.
Honestly, based on all your error messages you are seeing, it sounds like your repository is corrupt. If possible, I would create a new docbase and repeat your steps. Once you have "TaskSpace" installed in the new repository, you can transfer any customization/content into the new repository.
Johnny,
Is it required to install Process Engine, Process Builder, Forms Builder application with Forms DAR & Process Builder DAR before installing the TaskSpace.DAR.
I dont remember the exact details - read the install guide. FYI - it doesnt hurt to install them.
finally i have configured the TaskSpace application now i am able to login into the TaskSpace application but now i am getting below exception. I have deployed the TaskSpace with Apache Tomcat 5.5.9 and Java 1.5.
Note:Generics in used in JSP.
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
An error occurred at line: 17 in the jsp file: /taskspace/library/xforms/folderview/content_list.jspGenerated servlet error:Syntax error on token "<", invalid AssignmentOperator
An error occurred at line: 17 in the jsp file: /taskspace/library/xforms/folderview/content_list.jspGenerated servlet error:Syntax error on token "=", != expected
An error occurred at line: 17 in the jsp file: /taskspace/library/xforms/folderview/content_list.jspGenerated servlet error:Syntax error on token(s), misplaced construct(s)
An error occurred at line: 17 in the jsp file: /taskspace/library/xforms/folderview/content_list.jspGenerated servlet error:Syntax error on token ")", : expected
An error occurred at line: 134 in the jsp file: /taskspace/library/xforms/folderview/content_list.jspGenerated servlet error:Syntax error on token(s), misplaced construct(s)
An error occurred at line: 134 in the jsp file: /taskspace/library/xforms/folderview/content_list.jspGenerated servlet error:Syntax error on token ")", : expected
An error occurred at line: 273 in the jsp file: /taskspace/library/xforms/folderview/content_list.jspGenerated servlet error:Syntax error on token(s), misplaced construct(s)
An error occurred at line: 273 in the jsp file: /taskspace/library/xforms/folderview/content_list.jspGenerated servlet error:Syntax error on token ")", : expected
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:84) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:328) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:397) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:288) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:267) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:255) at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:556) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:293) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:291) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:574) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:499) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:966) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.include(PageContextImpl.java:604) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.xformscontrol.XFormsDatagridTag.renderEnd(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.xformscontrol.XFormsFolderContentTag.renderEnd(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.form.ControlTag.doEndTag(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.xformscontrol.XFormsControlTag.renderXFormsControl(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsLayoutWDKUIGenerator.renderControl(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsLayoutWDKUIGenerator.generateHtml(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsWDKUIGenerator.generate(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsWDKUIGenerator.generate(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.xformscontrol.XFormsGroupTag.renderVerticalBox(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.xformscontrol.XFormsGroupTag.renderEnd(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.form.ControlTag.doEndTag(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.xformscontrol.XFormsControlTag.renderXFormsControl(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsLayoutWDKUIGenerator.renderControl(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsLayoutWDKUIGenerator.generateHtml(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsWDKUIGenerator.generate(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsWDKUIGenerator.generate(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.xformscontrol.XFormsGroupTag.renderVerticalBox(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.xformscontrol.XFormsGroupTag.renderEnd(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.form.ControlTag.doEndTag(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.xformscontrol.XFormsControlTag.renderXFormsControl(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsLayoutWDKUIGenerator.renderControl(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsLayoutWDKUIGenerator.generateHtml(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsLayoutWDKUIGenerator.generateHtml(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsLayoutWDKUIGenerator.generateHtml(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsWDKUIGenerator.generate(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsWDKUIGenerator.generate(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.WDKXFormsProcessor.render(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.xforms.engine.chiba.ChibaProcessor.render(ChibaProcessor.java:554) at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XFormsTag.renderStart(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.web.form.ControlTag.doStartTag(Unknown Source) at org.apache.jsp.taskspace.library.xforms.folderview.foldercontentview_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.taskspace.library.xforms.folderview.foldercontentview_jsp:261) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
thanks Johnny for all your efforts,
Manually clear the tomcat "work" cache folder.
Hi Johnny,
Issue was not resolved after deleting the tomcat "work" cache folder but i have resolved the issue after adding the latest JSP and Servlets Jar file in Tomcat libs.
Issue also resolved after upgrading the Tomcat 5.5.9 to 6.0 (it has latest libs).
thanks for all your effort.