Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
spaces at the end of a filename
kellyrmilligan
I have a perl script that goes through a directory, etc, and manipulates some files. Every once in a great while, I get a file that it can't find, and I see that someone has save the file with a space at the end of the filename.
when I go through the directory, spaces in the filename are fine, but a space at the end kills it. Has anyone dealth with this before besides telling users not to do it? how do I pick this up in my script?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Way to crosspost. You posted this exact same question in the Perl forum. The answer is the same. Use a regex to clean up the whitespace. Yawn again.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com