Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Is there a Hotfix B5 for Workroute 3.1 SP1
mtnuri
We're having a problem that Template Designer hangs on a successful login to Worksite Server (3.1 SP1 + Hotifx B5). Our workroute version is 3.1SP1. On an invalid password, we do get a message that password was invalid but on a valid password it hangs. Nothing moves. The user with which we are logging in is a Workflow Administrator. With forms manager, we are able to login with the same user (wfadmin). Only template designer seems to be hanging up.
However this is something I've noticed in the logs. It doesnt seem to be related. Looks like a heartbeat.
Thu Jun 23 10:04:18 BST 2005: WFADMIN(104) SessionHeartBeat failed.
Thu Jun 23 10:04:18 BST 2005: Connection refused to host: <ourdevbox hostname>; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: <ourdevbox hostname>; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:567)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:185)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:171)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:101)
at com.fujitsu.iflow.server.impl.serverimpl.ServerImpl_Stub.sendPulse(Unknown Source)
at com.fujitsu.iflow.model.wfcore.WFSessionHeartBeat.run(WFSessionHeartBeat.java:42)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:452)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:402)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:309)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:124)
at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:22)
at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:128)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:562)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Mtnuri,
Hi there. I'm sorry to hear that the 3.1 Template Designer is hanging for you. With regards to hotfixes for 3.1 sp1, there certainly is a B5 and onward. In fact, I would recommend that you upgrade to the latest HFB hotfix for 3.1 SP1. There was a crucial workflow database bug fix (for both Oracle and MS database use) in one of the hotfixes (was it B6? Can't remember right now). Not that this concerns the issue you're having now. Still, I think it would be a good idea to upgrade if only to prevent future headaches.
I need to emphasize that you are likely to encounter the same error even after upgrading. I have this feeling (I could be wrong) that this may have something to do with your browser JRE plugin. I'm not entirely certain about that, mind you. But here are some thoughts:
- Did you properly configure your Java JRE on the client machine? (Recall the need to adjust Proxy settings... I don't remember the instructions off-hand.)
- It might help to reinstall JRE 1.3.1_01 (and, if you can go all out, uninstall other JREs, even 1.3.1_01, reboot the machine, install 1.3.1_01, try again.)
- try to use a different client machine, ensure JRE 1.3.1_01 is installed.
- if you're still encountering this failure, keep in mind that some client-side Java exception is being thrown. Thus, open up your *browser's* Java console, reproduce the problem, capture the stack trace you see there and post it on this discussion thread.
- but maybe I'm lying about this being strictly a client-side issue. Immediately after performing the above step, look in the server-side log files - particularly the log file located at <server_dir>/logs/TWFServer.log - and see if there are any errors near the end of that file. I'm guessing there won't be - but I could be very wrong.
- If you're still having trouble, you might want to contact Interwoven tech support. This is a serious issue that is preventing you from using workflow.
That's all I can think of right now. Best of luck and please keep us posted!
Take care,
Nick2112
The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion. - Thomas Paine
sphan_xell
What you might want to validate is that the "iFlow.jar" file in "webapp\workroute\" folder is consistent with the one on the Server side "mpserver\lib".
I would just copy the one from MPServer to the Workroute on webapp. Some classes in this file were updated between hotfixes that prevents a proper communication with backend Workroute service.
Hope it helps.
sphan_xell.