Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Significant differences between TS 5.5 and 6.5
mike_s
Using version 5.52 and 6.5 on Solaris
Two significant differences that I have found between version 5.5.2 and 6.5 so far.
1. In a workflow, using 5.5.2, __VALUE__('iw_file'); returns a list of selected files, each starting with a forward slash. Using 6.5, the same variable returns the same list of files but each file does *not* start with a leading slash. This may cause problems when building full file paths.
2. the area_path variable as passed to a CGI task in 5.5.2 will start with /default/main (assuming you are in the default content store), whereas with 6.5 the same variable starts with the server name so instead of /default/main you get /server-name/default/main.
I can only assume there are some other nasty little surprises awaiting me as I test how well our installation works with the latest version.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet