Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workarea != STAGING yet TeamSite not recognising
fish
Hi,
TS552,SP6,Solaris
I've got very peculiar behaviour when I submit deletions from one workarea and the deletion is not recognised in another workarea. My particular issue is part of a lengthy Workflow, however, I’ve replicated below in simple form:-
create branch 'test'
create WA 'one'
create folder 'htdocs'
import some files to the htdocs folder
submit files
create WA 'two' and do get latest
so,
WA one = WA two = STAGING
delete all files in htdocs in WA two
submit deletions
so,
STAGING and WA two only contain the htdocs folder
List modified on WA two -> "No modified files" (as you’d expect)
Go to WA one containing all the originally imported files and there are no pencil icons indicating modified files (they have been removed on STAGING )
List Modified on WA one also "No modified files"
WA one != STAGING yet TeamSite not recognising this.
Bizarre !!!
what is going on ?
I know it's Friday afternoon so am I missing something ?
-----------------------
Steve.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
Files in WA one are NOT modified, hense you see that.
What would you rather see?
If you do a get latest in WA one, they will disappear.
Or am I missing something?
jbonifaci
I'll second Samir's comments and say that what you are seeing is TeamSite working as designed. Files in a workarea are only marked as modified if they are actually modified within the workarea, they are not marked as modified if someone in another workarea modifies them and submits them to staging.
~Jeff
fish
OK that makes sense. I was under the illusion that modified meant "different from STAGING". My mistake.
I was hoping to be able to submit files back into Staging from WA 'one' but that returns 'no modified files'
no worries I'll work around this ...
- thx guys
-----------------------
Steve.
nipper
if you do a compare (WA to Stage) I trust the changes show up.
This is normal behavior, if a WA is out of date, pencils are not shown.
There was (IIRC) a enhancement request to have a different icon for versions
out of date.
Andy
fish
sure thing - compare does show up the changes
A different icon would seem sensible to me - I'll also put in an enhancement request ....
--
steve.